How To Get Creative on Social Media
How to get creative 101.
We are all creative and have our own way of expressing our creativity. What is yours? What do you like doing when you do post on social media?
Get the energy pumping
Creativity is associated with how we feel and the moods we are in. Need an energetic “zhuh” or mood boost try these below:
- Jump around, dance, do push-ups, burpees, go for a walk, bike ride or any other activity that doesn’t involve sitting in front of your computer.
- Create a motivational playlist on Spotify to get you in the mood or while you are creating.
- Get away from the computer, take a break and come back to the task later when you have had time out.
Write the ideas down!!
Ideas never come to us when we are at the computer, they come to us when we are at the supermarket, picking kids up from school, on the toilet, shower or pushing the lawnmower.
- Have a pen and post-it notes in your bag, glove box in your car, or around the home.
- Record as a voice memo on your phone,
- use the Evernote App,
- Google Docs,
- Notes on your phone,
- Have a whiteboard marker to write ideas on the bathroom mirror (that’s a Hot Tip)!
Write or record when the ideas hit. Chances are you won’t remember when you get back to your desk.
“I’m not creative, I don’t know what else I can post?”
Actually, you are creative. We all have our zones of genius, it is time to unleash yours!! Creativity isn’t about jumping around in a video. It is about sharing your business beyond a product or service.
Stop re-inventing the wheel. Look at the content you have previously posted. If it was a static post, create a Reel. If it was a Reel, make it a carousel. Chances that ALL your followers saw that original post are unlikely. New and existing followers need reminders on who you are, what you do and how you can help them.
Social Media post ideas to take you beyond your product or service.
- A day in your life. Take photos of yourself during your workday and put them into a carousel or stories.
- Behind the scenes – (my favourite) A time-lapse or you working or setting up your workspace, doing what you do in your business.
- A story about you and why you started your business.
- Introductory post about you for your new followers
- Informing people of any holidays you are having, therefore, change to business hours (very important around school holidays and public holidays)
- Profile of staff members who work for you, or contract to you etc.
- Informing people of availability for the week.
- New skills or a qualification you have completed for your business.
- Testimonial from a client or customer
- Bloopers of you doing something funny in your business.
- Things you love about being a business owner. How you left your ‘old job’ and stepped into this new one and why.
- Quotes, expressions or sayings that are relevant to your business or industry.
Want to know how you can overcome your social media creativity blocks? Read this BLOG to help you get overcome those creativity blocks.
Have you downloaded your Free 50 Subliminal Affirmations for Business Mindset Success? Download HERE
Ready to work on your mindset for your business? I have a fun, energised, transformative 12 week 1:1 mindset coaching program for the female entrepreneuress who is ready to go full time in her business, create more confidence, have a clearer vision for the future of her business so that she can live their dream lifestyle. CLICK HERE.